Since 2008, LMCC has presented a suite of free workshops and intensive seminars on timely issues in the areas of business proficiency, artistic practice, and community engagement. All of our programs are designed specifically for artists living and working in New York City and offer opportunities to foster learning and dialogue, as well as create robust and expanding networks for participants.
Professional Development Learning Materials
Access learning materials from our professional development series below.
- Grant Resources for Individual Artists
- Grantwriting Dos and Don’ts
- Grantwriting in Six Steps
- Government Sources of Arts Funding
- Emergency Resources and Grants
- Links and Resources
- Sample Lesson Plan 1- Grade 3
- Sample Lesson Plan 2 – Billy Elliot
- Sample Lesson Plan 3 – Pre K
- Sample Reflection Sheet
- Sample Teaching Artist Resume 1
- Sample Teaching Artist Resume 2
- Lesson Plan Video
LMCC’s core fundraising series is designed to help artists develop knowledge and skills in raising the resources to support their practice. The series features resources on five key areas of fundraising, including: the funding ecosystem, grantwriting, budgeting, work sample dos and don’ts, and cultivating individual donors.
Each summer select resources are offered in conjunction with LMCCs Manhattan Arts Grants outreach schedule. All resources are free and open to all.
Can't find a program that you heard about? It may have ended. Read about past programs here!