Since 2008, LMCC has presented a suite of free workshops and intensive seminars on timely issues in the areas of business proficiency, artistic practice, and community engagement. All of our programs are designed specifically for artists living and working in New York City and offer opportunities to foster learning and dialogue, as well as create robust and expanding networks for participants.
Missed a recent workshop? Access learning materials from our professional development series below.
LMCC’s core fundraising series is designed to help artists develop knowledge and skills in raising the resources to support their practice. The series features workshops on five key areas of fundraising, including: the funding ecosystem, grantwriting, budgeting, work sample dos and don’ts, and cultivating individual donors.
Each summer select workshops are offered in conjunction with LMCC’s Manhattan Arts Grant program outreach schedule.
Workshops are free, but space is limited and registration is required for each workshop on a first-come, first-served basis. See below for this year’s workshop topics and to RSVP!
Find out more about LMCC’s grant opportunities for Manhattan-based artist and organizations here.
Schedule and detailed information coming soon!
Professional Development Online Resources
Artist & Entrepreneur
- Art, Entrepreneurship and Business Planning
- Q&A with Caroline Woolard
- Q&A with Stephanie Diamond
- Q&A with Matthew Deleget
- Small Business Resources
- Links and Resources
- Sample Lesson Plan 1- Grade 3
- Sample Lesson Plan 2 – Billy Elliot
- Sample Lesson Plan 3 – Pre K
- Sample Reflection Sheet
- Sample Teaching Artist Resume 1
- Sample Teaching Artist Resume 2
- Information Resources for Grantseekers
- Grant Resources for Individual Artists
- Grantwriting Dos and Don’ts
- Grantwriting in Six Steps
- Government Sources of Arts Funding
- Emergency Resources and Grants
- Crowdfunding Resource Sheet
- Crowdfunding Questions for Parijat Desai
- Crowdfunding Questions for Lisa Elmaleh
- Crowdfunding Questions for Hima B
- Technical Tips for Preparing Work Samples
- Public Art Insurance 2015
- Permits & Legal Matters 2015
- Commissioners & Presenters of Public Art & Performance 2015
- City & Municipal Public Art Programs 2015
Media & Public Relations
- Attributes of a Successful Social Media Strategy
- Sample Social Media Strategies
- Q & A with Bill Bragin: Internet & Social Media
- Q & A with Nico Daswani: Internet & Social Media
- Q & A with Kianga Ellis: Internet & Social Media
- Q & A with Daniel Gallant: Internet & Social Media
- Q & A with Sarah A.O. Rosner: Internet & Social Media
- Q & A with Sydney Skybetter: Internet & Social Media
- Five Steps to Emergency Planning and Preparedness
- Emergency Resources
- Emergency Relief Grants
- Emergency Preparedness Artist Profile Jennifer Wen Ma
- Art Organization Profile Smack Mellon
- Importance of a Diary
- Home Office Deduction Sheet
- Employee vs. Self-employed Status
- Five Rules for Deductible Expenses