Founded in 1973 as Lower Manhattan Cultural Council, LMCC serves, connects, and makes space for artists and community.
Lower Manhattan Cultural Council is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally diverse and equitable environment, and strongly encourages applications from people of color and women.
The following position is available:
LMCC seeks a permanent full-time Executive Assistant, Artistic Programs to join immediately. Reporting to the Executive Director, Artistic Programs, this person will have primary responsibility for managing key administrative responsibilities to facilitate stakeholder relationships, support long-term resource development strategies, and assist the realization of the organization’s curatorial vision.
- Works with senior staff to create and manage daily to-do lists and action priorities for the Executive Director, Artistic Programs
- Prepares correspondence and responds to email and phone inquiries, as well as maintains filing system and mailing system, on behalf of Executive Director, Artistic Programs
- Works closely with all LMCC departments to facilitate communication with the Executive Director, Artistic Programs and handles documents requiring approval
- Schedules internal and external meetings and appointments, including dining and travel reservations, for the Executive Director, Artistic Programs, and greets visitors
- Conducts research and prepares materials related to artistic programming and meetings as needed
- Tracks and assists in reporting Executive Director, Artistic Program’s expenses
- Works with senior staff to schedule, create agendas and set up for Senior Staff and All Staff meetings
- Supports Public Programs department at LMCC on administrative duties and select projects
- Assists in aspects of LMCC’s fundraising and individual donor cultivation efforts:
- Schedules cultivation meetings and shares invitations and information about upcoming events
- Provides staff participating in cultivation activities with necessary background information about the prospect ahead of any meetings or outreach
- Maintains/inputs contact information for individuals into Salesforce database and Google Contacts
- Provides event management support for Board and Committee meetings and donor cultivation events
- Assists in the day-to-day operations of the organization as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: Strong candidates for this position will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 1 year of experience in administration or related fields, arts/cultural institution preferred
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal skills, and experience in editing and proofreading
- Ability to multi-task and stay focused, with keen attention to detail, Specific experience in correspondence and schedule and contact management
- Ability to be graceful and diplomatic in business relationships and confidential information
- Familiarity with New York City arts and culture
- Proficiency using Mac OS, Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Asana or task management tool, database, Salesforce (preferred)
- French language skills, a plus
To Apply: Please e-mail your resume and a thoughtful cover letter, stating how you heard about the position and your qualifications, along with two writing samples to Lili Chopra, Executive Director, Artistic Programs at jobs[at]lmcc.net. Please title the email “Executive Assistant, Artistic Programs: YOUR NAME.” No phone calls please. Only those we wish to interview will be contacted. Salary commensurate with experience. Includes an attractive benefits package.
LMCC’s Internship program provides meaningful opportunities for individuals interested in the arts and culture sector, from the perspective of a leading non-profit organization in New York City. We offer year-long and summer internship opportunities for interns to gain an in-depth experience at the organization. Interns choose an internship focus to pursue under the guidance of a staff member, while gaining exposure to all departments in our collaborative-minded office.
During the program, all interns receive a monthly participation honorarium of $100. Interns also receive a monthly travel stipend of $150 and monthly meal stipend of $100. Interns also have access to a professional development reimbursement fund of up to $150 throughout the internship. All internships are structured at 16 - 20 hours per week, including supporting our evening and weekend events.