Founded as Lower Manhattan Cultural Council, LMCC is a dynamic non-profit organization that serves, connects, and makes space for artists and community. Since 1973, LMCC has been the champion for independent artists in New York City and the cultural life force of Lower Manhattan.
Lower Manhattan Cultural Council is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally diverse and equitable environment, and strongly encourages applications from people of color and women.
Stay updated on job and internship opportunities by joining our mailing list!
LMCC seeks a permanent full-time Production & Operations Associate to join immediately. Reporting to the Executive Director, Finance & Administration, this person will have primary responsibility for supporting all activities at The Arts Center at Governors Island, and is also involved in the space needs and logistics for our other public venues and satellite spaces.
- Oversees organization, tracking and maintenance of the A/V equipment storage room at The Arts Center at Governors Island and provides support of the A/V equipment storage room at LMCC’s office
- Responds to equipment requests in a timely manner and provides guidance in production planning for LMCC events, residencies, and space rental activities
- Acts as support staff for all LMCC spaces including productions, rentals, events, exhibitions, meetings, and other forums at LMCC’s Arts Center at Governors Island
- Works with the Executive Director, Finance & Administration, to coordinate site activation, move-ins and move-outs and improvements of all spaces, including The Arts Center, our office at Maiden Lane, and satellite spaces
- Serves as point of contact with landlord, building management and related vendors, including café operator at The Arts Center at Governors Island
- Manages facility-related coordination, including overseeing space use calendar, load-in and load-outs, and logistics for artistic, programming and space rental needs
- Conducts regular space walk-throughs and check-ups to ensure cleanliness and appropriate and safe usage of all LMCC spaces and shared equipment
- Schedules facilities maintenance, cleaning, repairs, inspections, improvements and security
- Works with IT team to troubleshoot and ensure smooth functioning of LMCC’s technology infrastructure, including its network, software, hardware, printers, phones and other tools
- Assists in creating office procedures and systems and space use guidelines; and maintaining Office Guidelines Manual
- Generates independent contract agreements as needed (based on experience)
- Serves as support staff for organization-wide events as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: Strong candidates for this position will have:
- 2-3 years of experience in production, performing arts venues, art space exhibitions, gallery installations, or museums
- Knowledge of general A/V equipment such as projectors, TVs, VCRs, DVD/CD players, Speakers, and other sound equipment
- Working knowledge of IT systems and management a plus.
- Valid driver’s license. Must be able to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
- Excellent organizational, written, verbal and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information. Ability to maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees, other agencies and the public.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, prioritize workload and meet deadlines, as well as manage details while being graceful and diplomatic.
- Strong interest and/or knowledge of the diverse artistic disciplines LMCC presents and communities we serve.
- Proficiency using Mac OS, Salesforce or equivalent database and Asana or task management tool
To Apply: Please e-mail your resume and a thoughtful cover letter, stating how you heard about the position and your qualifications to Diego Segalini, Executive Director, Finance & Administration at jobs[at]lmcc.net. Please title the email “Production & Ops Associate: YOUR NAME.” No phone calls please. Only those we wish to interview will be contacted. Salary commensurate with experience. Includes an attractive benefits package.
Lower Manhattan Cultural Council is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally diverse and equitable environment, and strongly encourages applications from people of color and women. To learn more about LMCC, visit www.LMCC.net.
LMCC’s Internship program provides meaningful opportunities for individuals interested in the arts and culture sector, from the perspective of a leading non-profit organization in New York City. We offer year-long and summer internship opportunities for interns to gain an in-depth experience at the organization. Interns choose an internship focus to pursue under the guidance of a staff member, while gaining exposure to all departments in our collaborative-minded office.
During the program, all interns receive a monthly participation honorarium of $100, along with a monthly travel stipend of $150 and monthly meal stipend of $100. Interns also have access to a professional development reimbursement fund of up $150 throughout their internship. All internships are structured at 16 - 24 hours per week, including supporting our evening and weekend events. The start/end dates of the program are flexible and should be agreed upon between the intern and their supervisor prior to the start of the internship.