Founded as Lower Manhattan Cultural Council, LMCC is a dynamic non-profit organization that serves, connects, and makes space for artists and community. Since 1973, LMCC has been the champion for independent artists in New York City and the cultural life force of Lower Manhattan.
Lower Manhattan Cultural Council is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally diverse and equitable environment, and strongly encourages applications from people of color and women.
The following position is available:
NOTE: This position is remote at this time. In support the City of New York’s efforts to contain the spread of COVID-19, LMCC's offices at 125 Maiden Lane are closed and LMCC staff are working remotely.
LMCC seeks a part-time Digital Media Content Producer to join immediately. The Digital Media Content Producer is an integral part of the Institutional Advancement team with primary responsibility for providing support on all aspects of LMCC’s digital content, including social media and video content. This individual works with the Director of Communications & Marketing, and other members of the Institutional Advancement team to execute the institution’s transmedia content strategy (videos, photos, and other assets for primarily web but some print distribution). This role will create and manage photo and video content to be used for social media and LMCC's website (LMCC.net)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Supports the Department of Institutional Advancement’s Communications & Marketing team with:
MEDIA PRODUCTION & LOGISTICS
- The production of media assets & content, including editing & delivery of videos for the website or other advertising needs in alignment with the LMCC brand, for social media
- Instagram Stories according to LMCC’s editorial calendar
- Daily Posting
- Weekly Scheduling
- Research per Artists News, Art News, Event News to be shared
- Continuing Editorial Series, Taglines, Hashtags, Alt-Text captioning etc.
- Weekly / Monthly Deliverables
- Direction of Editorial Photo and Video Series Including: Alumni News, Grantee Events, Resident Events, In process work, Arts Center News, LMCC Staff Monthly etc.
- Outreach and a more active presence on social via liking, commenting, resharing to engage new followers
- Weekly analytics tracking, weekly social media meetings and strategy adjustments as needed
- At least 1 short form video and photography features, and archival video and image content
- Posting of Video Interviews, Artist Features, Staff features, Archival Images, and Arts Center and LMCC program work
- Weekly / Monthly Deliverables
- Programmatic documentation via video & photo on a case by case basis
- Staff photos
- Manages media intake, editing, final production, and asset library
- Manages digital documentation archive under supervision of Director of Communications & Marketing
Organization-wide Duties and Responsibilities:
- Submits expense requests in a timely manner for approval
- Ensures expense requests reach Finance Department in a reasonable time frame
- Works to introduce innovative ways to reduce costs
HUMAN RESOURCES AND ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Demonstrates a professional demeanor in all dealings with colleagues, peers, and subordinate staff
- Works with others toward shared goals
- Offers assistance and shares in departmental responsibilities
- Keeps all interested parties informed of relevant or pertinent developments
- Communicates effectively and efficiently with all staff concerning relevant matters
- Provides emergent or important information to fellow staff in a clear and concise manner within a reasonable timeframe – either in writing or verbally
- Addresses fellow staff questions and concerns promptly and accurately within a reasonable timeframe
- Serves as support staff for organization-wide events as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing/Communications, Video/Photo or related fields
- 1-2 years experience in digital media and content production, or related fields. Please provide a link to social media account(s) managed and links to no more than 3 short (2-3 minute) video work samples.
EQUIPMENT / COMPUTER SOFTWARE
- Adobe Creative Suite, Hootsuite, Iconosquare, video and audio editing software (Final Cut Studio, Adobe Premiere), Microsoft Office, and a variety of third-party websites and tools, including Google Analytics, Facebook Insights and major social media platforms Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn Vimeo, and Youtube. Comfort shooting video and recording audio on professional equipment.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Photography and video production skills. Expertise in social media digital technologies. Experience with design software applications and project management. Strong graphic design experience, particularly knowledge of concept development, layout composition, color theory and typography. Excellent organizational, written and verbal skills. Strong knowledge of marketing and public relations theory and principles. Ability to tie organizational mission and business goals to web presence. Strong editing and proofreading skills and excellent attention to detail. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, prioritize workload and meet deadlines, as well as manage details while being graceful and diplomatic. Strong interest and/or knowledge preferred of the diverse artistic disciplines LMCC presents and communities we serve.
- Maintains flexible weekly schedule of three days in office per week. Attends evening, weekend, and early morning meetings and evening functions as needed.
LMCC’s Internship program provides meaningful opportunities for individuals interested in the arts and culture sector, from the perspective of a leading non-profit organization in New York City. We offer year-long and summer internship opportunities for interns to gain an in-depth experience at the organization. Interns choose an internship focus to pursue under the guidance of a staff member, while gaining exposure to all departments in our collaborative-minded office.
During the program, all interns receive a monthly participation honorarium of $100. Interns also receive a monthly travel stipend of $150 and monthly meal stipend of $100. Interns also have access to a professional development reimbursement fund of up to $150 throughout the internship. All internships are structured at 16 - 20 hours per week, including supporting our evening and weekend events.