Program Assistant, Grants & Services
LMCC seeks a temporary full-time Program Assistant, Grants & Services to join immediately. This position is for one year with the possibility to extend. Reporting to the Acting Director, Grants & Services, this person will have primary responsibility to provide support to the Grants & Services department by maintaining day-to-day administrative processes and work closely with Program Associate, Grants.
- Assists with grant application processing, organization and tracking
- Assists in the preparation and production of the grant review process, including work sample compilation and presentation, panel materials, catering arrangements, and note taking
- Coordinates program-related correspondence, printing, mailing & delivery
- Assists in the development and dissemination of program information, including promotional materials, listings, press releases and program webpages
- Inputs, maintains and transfers program-related data to the LMCC database
- Compiles applicant and grantee statistics for program reporting purposes
- Maintains the LMCC grantee event calendar and schedules site visits of grantee events
- Assists in the preparation and production of departmental workshops
- Attends and staffs workshop events, and other departmental events as needed
- Coordinates professional information resources for artists including research, writing, proofreading and finalizing documents for dissemination
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Strong candidates for this position will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in the non-profit field or related fields
- 1 - 2 years of administrative experience in the field, previous arts or grants management preferred
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, prioritize workload and meet deadlines, as well as manage details, while being graceful and diplomatic
- Strong interest in the diverse artistic disciplines LMCC presents and communities we serve
- Proficiency using Mac OS, Microsoft Office, especially with Excel. Experience with Salesforce or database equivalent. Familiarity with Asana or task management tool, is a plus.
To Apply: Please e-mail your resume with a thoughtful cover letter, stating how you heard about the position and your qualifications, to Ana Fiore, Acting Director, Grants & Services at jobs[at]lmcc.net. Please title the email “Program Assistant, Grants & Services: YOUR NAME.” No phone calls please. Only those we wish to interview will be contacted. Salary commensurate with experience. Includes an attractive benefits package.
Lower Manhattan Cultural Council is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally diverse and equitable environment, and strongly encourages applications from people of color and women.
LMCC’s Internship program provides meaningful opportunities for individuals interested in the arts and culture sector, from the perspective of a leading non-profit organization in New York City. LMCC connects you to a robust network of professionals and gives you the hands-on experience you need to advance your career in a variety of non-profit arts settings.