LMCC currently has the following positions open:
Design & Media Assistant
LMCC seeks a permanent full-time Design & Media Assistant to join immediately. Reporting to the Director of Communications & Marketing, this person will have primary responsibility executing all aspects of LMCC’s website content, graphic design, email communications, social media, and media production and logistics, as well as managing LMCC’s dynamic website, sub-sites, and web and social media presence. The Design & Media Assistant will work collaboratively with all members of the Institutional Advancement team to execute the institution’s transmedia content strategy.
- Manages website and complementary domains on WordPress, including search engine optimization (SEO) and website back-end maintenance and updates
- Reviews web analytics and shares analysis with colleagues to inform strategy
- Executes comprehensive email marketing and social media strategy
- Manages content generation, layout, lists, and execution of all email campaigns
- Supports development and review of copy for LMCC activities and artists
- Designs all print and digital assets per LMCC Brand Framework guidelines; manages print and delivery schedules; and reviews proofs and quality of final product
- Assists in managing event/project documentation and media production vendors including researching services/products, and requesting estimates
- Manages media intake, editing, final production, and asset library, including print/digital documentation archive
- Liaises with consultant team of web programmers for any potential major updates or fixes to websites and sub-sites as necessary
Qualifications: Strong candidates for this position will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Design, Marketing/Communications, or related fields
- 1-2 years experience in web design, digital media production, or related fields
- Expertise in web development, design software applications and project management.
- Strong graphic design experience, particularly concept development, layout and typography.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal skills. Strong editing and proofreading skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Basic photography and video production skills, as well as knowledge of marketing and public relations theory and principles.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, prioritize workload and meet deadlines, as well as manage details while being graceful and diplomatic.
- Strong interest and/or knowledge preferred of the diverse artistic disciplines LMCC presents and communities we serve.
- Proficiency in WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite, audio and video editing software (ProTools LE, Logic, Final Cut Studio and Adobe Premiere) and Microsoft Office, as well as HTML & CSS, SSH, FTP, and third-party websites and tools: Mailchimp, Google Analytics, Facebook Insights. Experience with social media platforms Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Hootsuite, LinkedIn, Vimeo and YouTube. Familiarity with Asana or task management tool, is a plus.
To Apply: Please e-mail your resume with a thoughtful cover letter, stating how you heard about the position and your qualifications, to Sophie Lam, Director of Communications & Marketing at jobs[at]lmcc.net. Please title the email “Design & Media Assistant: YOUR NAME.” No phone calls please. Only those we wish to interview will be contacted. Salary commensurate with experience. Includes an attractive benefits package.
Lower Manhattan Cultural Council is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally diverse and equitable environment, and strongly encourages applications from people of color and women.
River To River House Coordinator
Early April – July 2018
Lower Manhattan Cultural Council (LMCC) empowers artists by providing them with networks, resources, and support, to create vibrant sustainable communities within Lower Manhattan and beyond. LMCC seeks up to five (5) part-time temporary River To River House Coordinators from April through July 2018 for the River To River Festival 2018. The festival dates are June 14-24; the position includes periodic site visits and administrative work in the office from early April leading up to the festival. Events will be divided among several coordinators based on availability provided at the time of accepting the position. House Coordinators report to the Events Associate and support the Institutional Advancement Department.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Works with LMCC staff to manage the front of house strategy for River To River events, including volunteer activities, signage strategy, programs and other onsite materials, setup, and ticketing systems.
- Works with Events Associate to schedule volunteer staffing for all River To River events
- Implements LMCC’s on-site presence at River To River events
- Manages logistics and set up related to LMCC’s marketing presence at River To River events including: signage, tent/table/chairs and materials and all transportation of said materials
- Attends meetings and site visits to develop FOH strategy
- Attends events and oversees staffing and volunteers on site
- Create front-of-house materials specific to each River To River project being managed
- Supports collection and management of River To River RSVPs
- Provides highest level of customer service
- Works with Production Manager(s) to fill out Event Reports for every event
Supervisory responsibilities include:
Qualifications: Strong candidates for this position will have:
- Experience in house management and/or customer service
- Demonstrable project management skills in varied settings
- Knowledge and interest in contemporary performing and visual arts
- Ability to prioritize workload and time manage to multiple deadlines
- Ability to remain calm in periods of hectic activity
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Personable and confident communicator
- Flexible and ready to contribute to other jobs as required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong administrative and organizational skills; knowledge of computer programs including MS Office (Word, Excel, etc.), Gmail and Google calendar, FormAssembly, EventBrite and Mac OS.
To Apply: Please e-mail your resume with a thoughtful cover letter, stating how you heard about the position, to Ariel Phillips, Director of Development at jobs[at]lmcc.net. Please title the email “House Coordinator: YOUR NAME.” No phone calls please. Compensation will be on a contract basis.
Lower Manhattan Cultural Council is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to diversity.
LMCC’s Internship program provides meaningful opportunities for individuals interested in the arts and culture sector, from the perspective of a leading non-profit organization in New York City. LMCC connects you to a robust network of professionals and gives you the hands-on experience you need to advance your career in a variety of non-profit arts settings.