LMCC seeks up to four (4) part-time temporary River To River Front of House Coordinators from April through July 2019 for the 2019 River To River Festival to implement LMCC’s on-site presence and Front of House strategy at River To River events. The festival dates are June 18-29; the position includes periodic site visits and administrative work in the office from early April leading up to the festival. Events will be divided among several coordinators based on availability provided at the time of accepting the position. House Coordinators report to the Public Engagement & Special Events Manager and support the Institutional Advancement Department.
- Attending meetings and site visits with artists and Production team prior to the festival to develop FOH strategy
- Liaise with the Public Engagement & Special Events Manager and Marketing Team to create any necessary front-of-house materials specific to project(s) being managed
- Working with LMCC staff to manage Front of House strategy at River To River events, which will include:
- overseeing staffing and volunteers for assigned project(s)
- managing logistics and set up of event materials including: signage, tent/table/chairs and materials and all transportation of materials
- supporting collection and management of RSVPs, including the management of the waitlists
- working with Production Manager(s) to fill out Event Reports following each event
- Experience in house management, event management, and/or customer service
- Demonstrable project management skills in varied settings
- Knowledge and interest in contemporary performing and visual arts
- Ability to prioritize workload and time manage to multiple deadlines
- Ability to remain calm in periods of hectic activity
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong administrative and organizational skills; experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, etc.), Gmail and Google calendar, FormAssembly, EventBrite and Mac OS.
Please e-mail your resume with a thoughtful cover letter, stating how you heard about the position, to Jasmin Tabatabaee, Public Engagement & Special Events Manager at jobs[at]lmcc.net. Please title the email “House Coordinator: YOUR NAME.” No phone calls please. Compensation will be on a contract basis.
Lower Manhattan Cultural Council (LMCC) is a dynamic 45-year old non-profit organization that empowers artists with networks, resources, and support, to create vibrant sustainable communities within Lower Manhattan and beyond.
LMCC’s Internship program provides meaningful opportunities for individuals interested in the arts and culture sector, from the perspective of a leading non-profit organization in New York City. We offer year-long and summer internship opportunities for interns to gain an in-depth experience at the organization. Interns choose an internship focus to pursue under the guidance of a staff member, while gaining exposure to all departments in our collaborative-minded office.
During the program, all interns receive a monthly participation honorarium of $100. Interns also receive a monthly travel stipend of $150 and monthly meal stipend of $100. Interns also have access to a professional development reimbursement fund of up to $150 throughout the internship. All internships are structured at 16 - 20 hours per week, including supporting our evening and weekend events.