LMCC Volunteer Program
Overview: Lower Manhattan Cultural Council, a 43-year-old entrepreneurial arts council based in Lower Manhattan, for the River To River Festival 2016 (June 16-26). This annual arts festival presents provocative and exciting live performances, installations, and exhibits in Lower Manhattan and on Governors Island. The River To River Volunteer Initiative provides opportunities for individuals and companies to engage with the Festival’s artists, audiences, and partners. Volunteers play an essential role in the Front of House Team by acting as ambassadors for the organization and by providing a variety of support for audience members.
- Greet audiences at events and distribute promotional materials
- Check-in audience members and manage onsite wait lists
- Provide way-finding assistance onsite and to audience members seeking events across the district.
- Help audiences expand their understanding of the Festival’s artists and artistic content
- Collect information from audience members onsite through surveys and sign-ups, which impact programmatic and audience outreach strategies and decision-making
- Support logistical needs such as set up, pack down, and transport
Expectations: Volunteer shifts are typically four hours long. Volunteers will be assigned to events based on availability provided at the time of applying. Please note these times may vary slightly from day to day:
- Early Afternoon Shift: 12pm–4pm
- Afternoon Shift: 2–6pm
- Evening Shift: 6–10pm
Additionally, all volunteers must attend a volunteer orientation to learn more about the Festival in general and the specific projects they will be supporting. Orientations will be held at LMCC’s Office, 125 Maiden Lane, 2nd Floor on Thursday, June 9 from 6:00–7:00pm and Tuesday, June 14 from 6:00–7:00pm.
Applying: Please use this form to submit your availability, and we will contact you soon to confirm your participation in the Festival.