Jobs & Internships
LMCC currently has the following positions open:
Finance & Operations Assistant
Lower Manhattan Cultural Council (LMCC) is a dynamic 44-year old non-profit organization that empowers artists with networks, resources, and support, to create vibrant sustainable communities within Lower Manhattan and beyond. LMCC seeks a permanent full-time Finance & Operations Assistant to join immediately. Reporting to the Finance & Operations Manager, this person will have primary responsibility for entry and maintenance of financial and administrative data, office, and equipment management, as well as day-to-day administrative and human resources support. The Finance & Operations Assistant will be an integral part of the Finance & Operations team and works collaboratively with all staff.
- Processes and enters check requests and bills into Quickbooks
- Supports in monthly reconciliations for credit cards, petty cash, postage meter and copier meter
- Supports processing of year-end 1099 forms
- Processes and coordinates petty cash and credit card requests from staff
- Maintains and troubleshoots vendor accounts as point of contact
- Maintains and updates vendor data in QuickBooks and Salesforce
- Files and maintains backup documentation for all bills, invoices and contracts
- Orders and distributes supplies and subscriptions for office and satellite spaces
- Manages the administration of the phone system and facilitates reception strategy
- Assists in site activation, move-ins and move-outs of satellite spaces
- Assists in troubleshooting office and satellite space issues/situations
- Responds to requests for A/V equipment and other shared resources
- Advises and assists in the set-up of A/V equipment for LMCC programs and artists
- Supports in hiring, on-boarding and off-boarding processes
- Tracks staff attendance and time-off requests and manages shared institutional calendars
- Supports department administration, including scheduling meetings, arranging A/V and hospitality needs, and note-taking, drafting correspondence and creating action items
Qualifications: Strong candidates for this position will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 1 year of work experience; nonprofit experience a plus
- Self-starter, with ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal skills
- Commitment to maintaining confidentiality and a high degree of data accuracy
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, prioritize workload and meet deadlines, as well as manage details while being graceful and diplomatic
- Strong interest and/or knowledge of the non-profit sector and/or social-impact driven organizations
- Strong interest in the diverse artistic disciplines LMCC presents and communities we serve
- Basic understanding of A/V equipment and IT systems and management
- Proficiency using Mac OS, Microsoft Office, especially with Excel. Experience with Quickbooks, a plus. Familiarity with Salesforce and Asana, or other database and task management tools, is a plus.
To Apply: Please e-mail your resume with a thoughtful cover letter, stating how you heard about the position and your qualifications, to Anne Lai, Finance & Operations Manager at jobs[at]lmcc.net. Please title the email “F&O Assistant: YOUR NAME.” No phone calls please. Only those we wish to interview will be contacted. Salary commensurate with experience. Includes an attractive benefits package.
Lower Manhattan Cultural Council is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally diverse and equitable environment, and strongly encourages applications from people of color and women. To learn more about LMCC, please visit www.LMCC.net
LMCC Internship Program
LMCC’s Internship program provides meaningful opportunities for individuals interested in the arts and culture sector, from the perspective of a leading non-profit organization in New York City. LMCC connects you to a robust network of professionals and gives you the hands-on experience you need to advance your career in a variety of non-profit arts settings. Whether you are in college, a recent graduate, or a curious professional looking to make a career transition, our 25-person staff is ready to share their experience with you.
LMCC’s Internship program offers a four-month internship in the Fall, a six-month internship in the Winter/Spring, and a special Summer cycle. Interns choose an internship focus to pursue under the guidance of a staff member, while gaining exposure to all departments in our collaborative-minded office.
During the program, all interns receive a monthly participation honorarium of $100 and have access to $100 for professional development purposes. Interns also receive a monthly travel stipend of $150 and monthly meal stipend of $100. All internships are for an average of 20 hours per week, including supporting our evening and weekend events. The start/end dates of the program are flexible and should be agreed upon between the intern and their supervisor prior to the start of the internship.
Listed below are the many different internship focuses available for you to choose from; you can select up to three focuses on your application. Based on your internship focus, you will be paired one-on-one with a staff member at LMCC to apply your skills, gain knowledge and expand your interests. Visit the application form here to learn more about each focus.
- Artist Residencies
- Grantmaking Programs
- Capacity Building & Community Initiatives
- Public Programs
- Festival Administration (Summer cycle-only)
- Non-profit Finance & Operations
- Institutional Giving & Government Relations
- Impact Measurement
- Design & Media
September 5 – December 22, 2017
Priority Application Deadline: July 31, 2017
January 2 – June 29, 2018
Priority Application Deadline: November 4, 2017
May 1 – July 31, 2018
Priority Application Deadline: March 31, 2018
How to Apply:
Submit an online application with a cover letter & resume here. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, however, we strongly recommend applying by the priority application deadline.
We apologize that we are unable to respond to applications unless a candidate is being considered for an interview. Any questions may be sent to email@example.com.