Updated August 16, 2021
LMCC is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all of our staff, artists, and visitors.
In response to the increasing spread of the COVID-19 Delta variant and in accordance with the Key2NYC Executive Order, visitors seeking access to The Arts Center, including the Café, the gallery exhibitions, and public programs such as The Take Care Series and Open Studios, are required to comply with this order, and must show proof of a completed FDA or WHO vaccination starting Thursday, August 19, 2021. LMCC staff that interface with the public must also comply with this order, which requires they show proof of a completed FDA or WHO vaccination.
Acceptable proof of vaccination includes:
- NYC COVID Safe App: Android | iOS
- Excelsior Pass
- CDC Vaccination Card (or photo)
- NYC Vaccination Record
- An official immunization record from outside NYC or the U.S
If you received the vaccine outside the U.S., you must have an official immunization record that includes:
- First name and last name
- Date of birth
- Vaccine product name (only vaccines authorized by the WHO are acceptable)
- Date(s) administered
- Site where the vaccine was administered, or name of the person who administered it
Individuals under the age of 12 may enter Key2NYC establishments without displaying proof of vaccination so long as they are accompanied by a legal guardian and wear a face mask, except when eating and drinking, whenever they are unable to maintain six feet of social distance from other people.
Until September 12, 2021, LMCC will accept a 72-hour negative PCR test or 24-hour negative rapid test as an alternative to entry for individuals in need of a special accommodation.
After September 13, a negative test result will no longer be accepted as an alternative and all individuals onsite ages 12 and up will be required to show proof of at least one vaccine dose as per the Key2NYC Executive Order.
To keep staff, artists, and visitors safe, we also ask that if your answer is yes to any of the following questions, that you please stay home and reschedule your visit:
- In the past 10 days, have you experienced any symptoms of COVID-19, including a fever of 100.0 degrees F or greater, a new cough, new loss of taste or smell or shortness of breath AND have not received a negative COVID test?
- In the past 10 days, have you tested positive for COVID-19?
- In the past 10 days, have you had close contact with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 AND are not vaccinated?
When visiting The Arts Center at Governors Island, please keep a distance of 6 feet (or 2 meters) between yourself and other visitors. Visitors are required to wear a mask inside The Arts Center at Governors Island at all times.
We look forward to welcoming you to The Arts Center at Governors Island!