Sunday, August 20 from 4:00-8:00pm
You’re invited to an evening of family-friendly outdoor programs on Pier 42 on Sunday, August 20 from 4:00-8:00pm! Bring friends and family to enjoy the breeze on the waterfront and activities including:
- Hands-on art workshop: Learn to make your own stamp and prints with artist Jason Eisner by using the local environment as inspiration
- Join the performers and musicians from Capoeira Luanda and the Capoeira Center of NY in an interactive Capoeira performance led by professors of Capoeira and their students
- Bio/Culture Blitz: Discover all the organisms that inhabit Pier 42 and learn to fish with the Lower East Side Ecology Center. Discover dance moves in our neighborhood with choreographer Jennifer Monson. Share a movement or make one on the spot!
- H2Olympics: Compete in a water Olympics investigating the properties of water with Two Bridges Neighborhood Council
- Play “Stay Cool Jeopardy” with GOLES and learn tips on how to stay cool this summer
- Participate in a free community ride with Citi Bike
Pier 42 is located along the East River between the Manhattan and Williamsburg Bridges. The temporary park site is on the south side of the FDR Drive with entrances from the East River Greenway at Montgomery Street and through Corlears Hook Park at Cherry Street. The nearest subway station is the F train at East Broadway.
Since 2013, Paths to Pier 42 has brought art, educational and design installations and public programs to activate Pier 42 on the Lower East Side. The project builds on neighborhood advocacy to create more accessible green, open space on the East River waterfront by increasing access and creating public uses of Pier 42 while it awaits permanent transformation. Paths to Pier 42 is a project of Lower Manhattan Cultural Council, Good Old Lower East Side, Hester Street Collaborative, Lower East Side Ecology Center, and Two Bridges Neighborhood Council. Find out more about the project and our schedule of summer events at: www.pathstopier42.com.