LMCC’s Internship program provides meaningful opportunities for individuals interested in the arts and culture sector, from the perspective of a leading non-profit organization in New York City. We offer year-long and summer internship opportunities for interns to gain an in-depth experience at the organization. Interns choose an internship focus to pursue under the guidance of a staff member, while gaining exposure to all departments in our collaborative-minded office.
During the program, all interns receive a monthly participation honorarium of $100. Interns also receive a monthly travel stipend of $150 and monthly meal stipend of $100. Interns also have access to a professional development reimbursement fund of up to $150 throughout the internship. All internships are structured at 16 - 20 hours per week, including supporting our evening and weekend events.
LMCC seeks a permanent full-time Finance & HR Manager to join immediately. Reporting to the Executive Director, Finance & Administration, this person will have primary responsibility for managing the administration and operations of LMCC, including finance, general administration and human resources. This individual may also represent LMCC in external partnerships from time to time.
- Develops Budget drafts for annual budget and grant proposals
- Prepares quarterly Budget Forecasts, including Budget to Actuals, for Senior Staff and Board
- Updates Cash Flow actuals and projections monthly
- Enters all checks, cash and other deposits into QuickBooks and prints checks and prepares for signatures; sends/distributes checks as needed
- Assists in reconciling all bank accounts, credit cards, postage meter and petty cash (monthly)
- Processes and tracks petty cash requests; maintains and replenishes petty cash balance
- Assists in generating independent contractor agreements and processes year-end 1099 forms
- Works with the Executive Director, Finance & Administration to develop and oversee the organization’s Human Resources policies and procedures and ensures compliance with the law
- Manages the LMCC internship program
- Manages the orientation of new staff/interns including meet and greet, office procedures and systems, and required paperwork and forms
- Maintains HR/Personnel folders, including Time Off records and maintains Office Guidelines Manual and Intern Handbook
- Manages the annual Professional Development / Performance Review process
Strong candidates for this position will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arts Administration, Nonprofit Management, or related fields
- 3 years experience in the field
- Working knowledge of budget planning and forecasting, bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting practices (GAAP)
- Excellent organizational, written, verbal and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information. Ability to maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees, other agencies and the public.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, prioritize workload and meet deadlines, as well as manage details while being graceful and diplomatic.
- Strong interest and/or knowledge of the diverse artistic disciplines LMCC presents and communities we serve.
- Proficiency using Mac OS, Quickbooks, Salesforce or equivalent database and Asana or task management tool
To Apply: Please e-mail your resume and a thoughtful cover letter, stating how you heard about the position and your qualifications to Diego Segalini, Executive Director, Finance & Administration at jobs[at]lmcc.net. Please title the email “Finance & HR Manager: YOUR NAME.” No phone calls please. Only those we wish to interview will be contacted. Salary commensurate with experience. Includes an attractive benefits package.
Lower Manhattan Cultural Council is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally diverse and equitable environment, and strongly encourages applications from people of color and women. To learn more about LMCC, visit www.LMCC.net.