Since 2008, LMCC has presented a suite of free workshops and intensive seminars on timely issues in the areas of business proficiency, artistic practice, and community engagement. All of our programs are designed specifically for artists living and working in New York City and offer opportunities to foster learning and dialogue, as well as create robust and expanding networks for participants.
Professional Development Learning Materials
Access learning materials from our professional development series below.
- Links and Resources
- Sample Lesson Plan 1- Grade 3
- Sample Lesson Plan 2 – Billy Elliot
- Sample Lesson Plan 3 – Pre K
- Sample Reflection Sheet
- Sample Teaching Artist Resume 1
- Sample Teaching Artist Resume 2
- Information Resources for Grantseekers
- Grant Resources for Individual Artists
- Grantwriting Dos and Don’ts
- Grantwriting in Six Steps
- Government Sources of Arts Funding
- Emergency Resources and Grants
- Technical Tips for Preparing Work Samples
- Public Art Insurance 2015
- Permits & Legal Matters 2015
- Commissioners & Presenters of Public Art & Performance 2015
- City & Municipal Public Art Programs 2015
Registries, Residencies, Professional Development, Subsidized Spaces
LMCC’s core fundraising series is designed to help artists develop knowledge and skills in raising the resources to support their practice. The series features workshops on five key areas of fundraising, including: the funding ecosystem, grantwriting, budgeting, work sample dos and don’ts, and cultivating individual donors.
Each summer select workshops are offered in conjunction with LMCCs Manhattan Arts Grant program outreach schedule.
In support of the health and safety of our communities, LMCC is offering all Fundraising Fundamentals workshops virtually this summer. All workshops are free and open to all. Scroll down to RSVP!
Find out more about LMCC’s grant opportunities for Manhattan-based artist and organizations here.
August 13, 2020, 6:30PM
With introduction by Juango Juan J Gutiérrez and Ashleigh Hendrix, Los Pleneros de la 21.
Work Samples Do’s and Don’t’s
August 27, 2020, 6:30PM
With introduction by artist Carlos David.
September 10, 2020, 6:30PM
With introduction by Leticia Rodríguez, La Casa de la Herencia Cultural Puertorriqueña.