LMCC Volunteer Program
Lower Manhattan Cultural Council strives to create a welcoming environment for all our guests at our public engagement initiatives and our stakeholder recognition events including: Open Studios, the River To River Festival, Arts East River Waterfront and The Downtown Dinner. LMCC’s front of house team is seeking energetic and highly motivated volunteers to greet and direct guests, and answer general questions. Applications for volunteers are accepted on a rolling basis.
What You’ll Do: LMCC Volunteers are asked to fulfill a number of roles including:
- Ambassador: volunteers will have the opportunity to participate directly in our outreach efforts as street team members, greeting audiences at events, assisting with check in, and handing out programs.
- Interceptor: volunteers work with LMCC staff to collect information from attendees onsite through surveys and sign-ups. The information collected will tell us more about our audiences and will impact programmatic and audience outreach strategies and decision-making.
- Behind-the-scenes: volunteers support logistical needs such as set up, clean up, and transport, all of which is at the core of our ability to provide the best possible audience experience.
We’re Looking for Individuals Who Are:
- Fun, friendly, and outgoing with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Open to supporting any live, cultural experiences, indoors or outdoors, rain or shine
- Available to attend periodic meetings Experienced in front of house and/or hospitality duties (preferred, not required)
- Passionate or curious about the arts
Please note: All prospective volunteers must attend a training meeting before being placed on assignment. These training meetings provide opportunities for volunteers to familiarize themselves with LMCC and event protocols.
Apply: In order to be considered for a volunteer opportunity, please complete the following online form.
We will contact you soon via email regarding upcoming opportunities. No phone calls please.
Have Questions? For more information or questions about LMCC’s Volunteer Program, please contact Jasmine Tabatabaee, LMCC’s Events Associate, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-219-9401 x 101.