Wed, Dec. 14, 2016 from 6:00pm–8:00pm
in LMCC’s Studios
at 28 Liberty Street, 24th Floor
Attend an information session to get an overview of LMCC’s Workspace studio residency program and learn about components of a well-prepared application.
A nine-month studio residency program that focuses on creative practice development for emerging artists working across all disciplines, LMCC’s Workspace program offers space for experimentation and dialogue with peers and arts professionals, as well as career-advancement opportunities. Workspace encourages creative risk-taking, collaboration, learning and skill-sharing at a critical early stage of an artist’s career and serves between 25 and 30 individuals or collaborative groups annually.
Please read the guidelines on the Workspace program page and note that applications will only be considered if they are complete, on time, and adhere to all guidelines. A complete application includes complete submission of the Online Application AND the Work Samples by.
Emerging visual artists, performing artists, and writers working in all media and genres are eligible to apply. Workspace is a good fit for applicants who are:
- Generating new and original work and engaged in a contemporary dialogue
- Seeking to foster a rigor of practice by dedicating time and focus to the creative process
- In need of studio space in which to experiment and develop new work
- Seeking a community of peers to engage in creative and professional dialogue over nine months in Lower Manhattan
- Seeking to make connections with a network of curators, presenters, dramaturgs, editors, and other arts professionals working in and around New York City
- Interested in opportunities to share in-progress work with audiences
Please note: Attending an information session is not required. If you do plan on attending, you must RSVP.
RSVP required. RSVP here. Please note a photo ID is required to check-in with building security.